Tuesday, September 4, 2012

An Early Preview of SPIRIT'S END!

It's that time....


YES! Time for me to put out a four chapter preview of SPIRIT'S END! You got a taste of the prologue at the end of THE SPIRIT WAR, but this should really let you sink your teeth into what's in store for our favorite thief! Oh Eli, you didn't sign up for this, did you?

Blogging will pick back up now that I'm done with edits for a bit, and as we get closer to November, I'll be doing all kinds of give aways for copies of the full book! In the meanwhile, enjoy the sample and let me know what you think!

DISCLAIMER: The sample text was taken from my copy edit of the final manuscript. Any errors you see are mine and will not appear in the final version!

EDIT: So I just realized that the conversion to HTML stripped out all of Benehime's italics! These have been fixed! Sorry for any confusion. Now you should be able to read all the horrible things she says just fine.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Can't wait to get the whole book!

Jenni said...

Please, please can it be November yet? :D That was all kinds of awesome and I think I'm going to be squeeing for the rest of the night!

Thank you times a million!

Rue Silver said...

Oh my gosh, that was amazing. AMAZING. My heart is kind of broken into a million pieces because of [spoiler], but despite that. Incredible. Needs more please.

Unknown said...

Okay, just read it. There's a part that says "hit him like a worm." Does that mean it hit him limply? Or that it ate at him like a worm?

Later, Miranda wipes her eyes when Sara's right on top of them, so she won't prey on her weakness, but Sara would have seen her do it if she was so close.

Man, I can't wait until this comes out for real. I think the writing's better than in the fourth book!

Have you read The Great Divorce by CS Lewis? It's very short, and one of the things it talks about is poisonous love, which is extremely well illustrated here. It resonates me particularly strong because my mother is similar to the Shepherdess (but without the world-controlling power).

I'm going to go preorder it now...

Busy Woman said...

Ok, I just blew off a meeting and an assignment I had due at work to read this little snippet. Sigh.

I think I'm gonna be calling in sick in November to finish the book.

@c_renzetti said...

AWESOME!

Can't wait :)

Daniel Edward Noe said...

I just finished the first 4 books, read them all in about a week. Great stuff! Can't wait for this one to come out!

Anders Petersen said...

damn that was a evil place to end... cant wait for the book now

booklover 31 said...

Wow... that was absolutely fantastic! I'm so torn right now, I loved that I read this little snippet, but now I can't stop thinking about it and wanting to read the rest of it. Thanks again for writing such an amazing series.

Richard Majece said...

I advise you to check this out before writing response essay. Here you can find useful writing advices